Cilajet exterior application

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ksyrahsirah

Reaction score
Greetings,

I made the mistake of agreeing to the Cilajet application when I bought my car and I have NOT had it applied due to some of the wide array of reviews, some of which seem scary to me in terms of bad application ruining the finish. I mean, for the amount I paid AND because factory paint applications nowadays are stronger than ever, why would I need it? I've read elsewhere in the forum that they do this in the financing room and they did it for me. I was really good at the price negotiation but apparently not so good at the add-ons!

I'm still not convinced I need it and it seems as if that money is sunk into my loan; they charged me $1450. Sigh. Big, big sigh.

Seems like a true case of buyers remorse, eh?

On the flip side has anyone in the Midwest had Cilajet applied to the exterior of their vehicle and why would I risk ruining my paint job to get this??? Is there any real benefit specifically in winter months?

K

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard of Cilajet but I had a similar situation when buying my wife's Saab. I was in the finance room and was aksed if we wanted the Simoniz GlassCoat treatment (the same marketing concept as Cilajet) and I look at her and get the "I want that for my new baby look", so I agreed despite my better judgement (@$600 if I recall).

Other than a sticker on the window, I see no difference from any other vehicle we have had. We still get it detailed 1-2 times per year and it still has road chip nicks and the paints feels a little dull before it gets detailed again. I have no idea what that stuff is, but I think regular waxing is really all you would need in most cases.

Perhaps in harsh areas like AZ or south TX where the weather can really beat the paint it may help?? But for that kind of money you can do a lot of detail work to keep it shiny!

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, no clue about Cilajet either, but I got a blast from the past when I read that name at first!

chia-cow.jpg

Ksyrahsirah

Reaction score
Never heard of Cilajet but I had a similar situation when buying my wife's Saab. I was in the finance room and was aksed if we wanted the Simoniz GlassCoat treatment (the same marketing concept as Cilajet) and I look at her and get the "I want that for my new baby look", so I agreed despite my better judgement (@$600 if I recall).

Other than a sticker on the window, I see no difference from any other vehicle we have had. We still get it detailed 1-2 times per year and it still has road chip nicks and the paints feels a little dull before it gets detailed again. I have no idea what that stuff is, but I think regular waxing is really all you would need in most cases.

Perhaps in harsh areas like AZ or south TX where the weather can really beat the paint it may help?? But for that kind of money you can do a lot of detail work to keep it shiny!

Thanks Catman! I was able to negotiate my way out of the extra expense. I had my last car for 10 years and no Cilajet and I took amazing care of it...looked really good the day I sold it.

Live and learn. #newluxurycarowner!

K

TCM75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have not heard of Cilajet, but I am of the opinion that paint is getting worse and worse as enivironmental restrictions limit "the good stuff" that used to make paint good. A little disappointed that hard water (drove by a neighbor's house who had water sprinklers on) created spots that needed a cleaner wax to remove.

Don't feel bad, I fell for the "window etch" add-on on one of my first cars. Dealers really make a good profit with these value-added services (I am using the term "value" loosely here) as well as their service department labor rates. Good indy shops are priceless in this respect.

PaulLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The local dealer here likes to sell the rear ladder as a decoration. Two neighbors have a rear ladder on their LR4 just for the look. No roof rack, just the "ladder to nowhere" as we call it.

I think dealers make lots of money on dealer-installed accessories. I had to negotiate hard to get a reasonable cost on the short roof rails which are really a useful accessory.

Cilajet

Reaction score
Cilajet Auto Paint Protection

Please let us know where you are finding negative reviews about Cilajet! We encourage you to visit www.cilajetreviews.com to read the many positive reviews customers have left about our auto paint sealant. Please contact us at (310) 320-8000 so that we can answer any questions you may have. Thank you. Cilajet Team.

I made the mistake of agreeing to the Cilajet application when I bought my car and I have NOT had it applied due to some of the wide array of reviews, some of which seem scary to me in terms of bad application ruining the finish. I mean, for the amount I paid AND because factory paint applications nowadays are stronger than ever, why would I need it? I've read elsewhere in the forum that they do this in the financing room and they did it for me. I was really good at the price negotiation but apparently not so good at the add-ons!

I'm still not convinced I need it and it seems as if that money is sunk into my loan; they charged me $1450. Sigh. Big, big sigh.

On the flip side has anyone in the Midwest had Cilajet applied to the exterior of their vehicle and why would I risk ruining my paint job to get this??? Is there any real benefit specifically in winter months?

K[/QUOTE]

Last edited:

Cilajet

Reaction score
Greetings,

K
Please let us know where you are finding negative reviews about Cilajet! We encourage you to visit www.cilajetreviews.com to read the many positive reviews customers have left about our auto paint sealant. Please contact us at (310) 320-8000 so that we can answer any questions you may have. Thank you. Cilajet Team.

Last edited:

catman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Please let us know where you are finding negative reviews about Cilajet! We encourage you to visit www.cilajetreviews.com to read the many positive reviews customers have left about our auto paint sealant. Please contact us at (310) 320-8000 so that we can answer any questions you may have. Depending on where you are located, we are happy to offer you a free Cilajet application through your local dealership; and when you see how amazing your car looks after Cilajet is applied, we'd love for you to write a positive review about us. Thank you. Cilajet Team.

Gotta love the way forums auto hyper-link certain words! When you click on the "auto paint sealant" link above it takes you to Simoniz! Looks like Cilajet will have to outbid them if they want that link :smile:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72