land rover radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nicowen876

Reaction score
hello the radio in my land rover recently died.
so i went to best buy and bought a pioneer radio also a adapter that would take the two connectors that use to hook up to the original radio (one in the pic below) and break the wires out so i can wire in the new radio. well i did that and the radio works but i got no sound. according to the diagram on the adapter and this website :
http://www.nexxia.co.uk/products.asp?c=ISO+Wiring
the brown connector should be left and right speaker connections. but it is not. do any of you know what this connector is for? and where do the wires on the connector end? i found that this car has a built in amp and thats where i located the wires that go directly to the speakers. so what i was think was using the 8 wire brown connector and connecting 4 speakers for lf,rf,lb,rb to the end of it so the adapter that i bought will actually work. and so i dont have to run my own wires. will this work? and can you please tell me where the brown connector wires go to? thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1385[1].JPG
    IMG_1385[1].JPG
    744.2 KB · Views: 13

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. not sure if that info is in the RAVE manual or not (link in my profile) What I do know is wiring a radio in a Disco can be real fun (this is why the only time I changed one, I had a radio installer place do it...)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72