Tires Tires Tires - Oh What To Do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bLuLRIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just took my 05 LR3 into LR for the 45K service....well it looks like I need 4 tires. I have the 255 50 19 Continental's (I have awesome RRS 19in Wheels)
Dealer quoted me $1190 for 4 installed...plus $149 for their allignment. My dealer has a whole new Tire department and they are a LR ONLY place. Not a combo dealer. They are the 1st Independant dealership in the US... (from years back)

I see that there is a Kumho, Yokohama, Pierlli and Michelin available at this size as well. Here is what I need.... good ride....long wear...no off roading (not right now)

So lets take a comprehensive survey on replacement tires. I need the advice... I dotn ahve $1000 + bones to spend now. The last set i bought with the rims on ebay and then sold my 18's on ebay to offset. I really want 20's or 22's from a RR if anyone has some used ones with GOOD tires that they want to sell.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
...funny how you are trying to get bigger rims with highway tires and I'm trying to get smaller rims for my HSE with more aggressive tires.

You must be in California.

tommithy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you decide to stick with 19" rims, I recommend the Michelins. We recently put them on our LR3 and they are night and day different then the crappy Goodyears that these trucks come with.

bLuLRIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you decide to stick with 19" rims, I recommend the Michelins. We recently put them on our LR3 and they are night and day different then the crappy Goodyears that these trucks come with.
I currrently have the Continental's. They were the OEM tires from the Range Rover Sport. Remember I have Range Rover Sport RIMS/Tires on my LR3.

JJABKW

Reaction score
I also replaced the stock 18" rims with the 19" RRS rims (at my wife's insistence). I fitted them with the Michelin Sychrones 4X4 extra load tires and love them. If you do any off-roading at all I would not suggest larger rims than 19", but I am guessing your LR3 doesn't see much dirt. Actually, if you insist on putting 20 -22" rims on your truck do the right thing, save your LR3 from the indignity, sell it and buy a Hummer H2.

tommithy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I currrently have the Continental's. They were the OEM tires from the Range Rover Sport. Remember I have Range Rover Sport RIMS/Tires on my LR3.

You do realize that running the 50 series tires that your tire diameter is 1 inch shorter then what is stock for your LR3 right? Your speedometer is off by 3.5%.

If you decide to keep your 19" rims then you can safely buy the correct size of 255/55R19. If you proceed with that route then I humbly suggest the Michelin 4x4 Synchrones.

cbboard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have 19" RRS wheels as well, but as soon as i bought them i put the 255/55R19 Michelin 4x4 Synchrones on 'em so my speedometer would be correct. i as well highly suggest them. my LR now drives like my pop's Lexus GX through inner city dallas, but can still handle some light off roading pretty well.

richpike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I feel bad for laughing at the Hummer comment, so let me try to be helpful now :biggrin: I only have the SE 18" wheels on our Rover, however, I'm a big believe in tirerack's website:

www.tirerack.com

They have excellent information on their website, including the broadest range of tires that I've found on one website, with typically very accurate web reviews that give ratings based on real world experience for several different categories, including wear, noise, dry/rain/snow/ice handling, etc.

Good luck.
Rich

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo