Rasta 4x4 internal winch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, anyone out there want to share thier experiences?

Mr.BigsLR3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sure..............my experience is, well....Ok, I don't have one. :biggrin: :hello:

nwoods

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They work good not too hard to install, and they look terrific. However, it is more challenging to respool the cable after deployment due to limited visibilty of the spool. The quality of your wrap on the drum greatly effects the holding power, pulling power, and overall durablity of the winchline. If you don't ever intend to get a steel front bumper, the hidden winch is a good alternative, but not a superior one. However, having a winch when you need it is WAY better than wishing you had one.

There was a good write-up about a year ago on LRRforums where someone installed one, had an issue with the fitment, sorted it with help from Rasta, and was able to install it. There are one or two guys in my SCLR.org club with a hidden winch and they like it.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
VERY cool . . . thanks for the info . . . don't plan to get steel bumper, so maybe this is a good way to go . . . anyone out there have one that has ever used it? Any access or re-spooling issues?
Gotta admit it looks f'n sweet . . . wondering if it is functional, and what is involved in installation . .

drzjoint

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought I had heard rasta is not in us anymore you have to get from Israel. I can not confirm this though.

davidfkon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yups . . . so what is a little extra shipping if we can get something that looks REAALY good AND is functional???

Boaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like it. There is a good set of install pictures somewhere on the UK forum. Check there for more info.

LR3GuyJoe

Reaction score
I've got an internal mount and love it. It's not a rasta one its made by a guy in england RLD aka Uncle Ray he's over on the disco3 forum. It's fairly straight forward to install, the biggest headache was cutting the hole in the bumper for the fairlead. I think that mainly because of the fairlead I went with if you go with others it would be easier but IMHO it was worth the extra work.

In regards to being harder to respool I went with synthetic line so respooling is quite a bit easier and not as critical as it is with steel line.

Heres a few photos of the instal and results.

3622716659_3562860266.jpg

3623554898_9245f8babc.jpg

3645862504_36a42470ca.jpg

3707640738_eb887d9bbd.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okamgba1463