New Tires for 2001 Disco II

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

jbrockiii

I have read from DiscoII.com that 265/70-16 is "technically" the largest tires that can be put on a unmodified Disco II. Does anyone here have any direct experience with this size on their Rover? Or recommend another size instead. I want to put the largest tire possible on my stock Rover. I'm leaning toward the BF Goodrich T/A ko's on my 2001 Disco II. I do a good bit of off-roading in muddy conditions. I can get these for around $782.00 tax and all installed. I would like to lift the truck slightly but don't want to spend the $$ right now to do it. Would appreciate any feedback- thanks.

D

disco1

265x70x16....A good choice, but if you can get them in Mud Terrains so much the better. I doubt you can go much higher then these without a lift.

clieman

Reaction score
I also have an 01 Disco. I also want to put the "tallest" tire size I can on stock 16 rims with no suspension lift. I thought 265/70/16 was the largest you could fit, but what about 245/75/16? How are they different from each other? I dont get these metric tire sizes. Plus, I would rather go for height then width (which I think would adversly effect rubbing more then anything else).

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72