'06 LR3 HSE on order... I can't wait!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

24Hours

Yesterday my wife and I finally did it... we ordered our LR3! We are not prior Disco owners, but my brother-in-law has the Disco II and loves it. My wife and I generally rented the Disco when we'd go home to CO to see family, so it was always on our radar. But honestly, I was targeting the G500 for our eventual choice, at least until we drove the LR3 last year. The test drive was great and we were committed, at least until the lease rates were made known to me (oddly, I don't want to commit to purchase, just yet). In order to get the LR3 fitted the way we wanted, it would have run the lease rate at nearly $1,000/mo!

So we started looking at the G500 again, but then let it rest for awhile. And for nearly three years, we'd only had the '04 Volvo V70R, but in December '05 I got a fully-loaded '05 R and my wife refused to have a "his and her's", so I recently sold the '04. The sale freed me up to look again, and this time it was meant to be.

Again, I feel lucky that the prices (through April 4th) are so good. I did my homework and talked the price down quite a bit and the dealer was very accomodating and very professional. We decided on blue paint on the light tan leather and amazingly, the LR3 HSE (our order) comes loaded w/ almost everything you could want (among other things):
* DVD navigation w/ voice commands and prompts
* Third-row seats with the curtain air bags all the way to the back row
* 550-watt HK stereo
* Bluetooth-ready
* Parking sensors (front and rear)

We added:
* Luxury package for the sake of the adaptive lights, but the fridge is nice!
* Running boards for the sidesteps, which will be great w/ two kids
* Satellite radio
* Wood trim

What I'm confused about right now is whether the iPod compatability is only possible on the V6 Optional package/Standard V8 SE. The dealer told me that there is an iPod port in the HSE, but the LR website does not seem to indicate that.

But for now, I'm really pumped and am looking forward to our first road trip.

Cheers. :beer:

24Hours

Ooops!

ADMIN:

Please delete this thread... I made a change, which accidently duplicated, and I want the other thread kept.

Mea culpa. And thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635