06 range Rover sport code help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These codes were not in the screen shots on your earlier posts - these are “p” codes and should not be ignored as I suggested before for the “u” codes.

I can’t think of any reason the fuel temp sensor would have any relation to the engine coolant temp sensor. These both look like they could be circuit codes, i.e., problem with the wiring. I’m not familiar with the locations of the sensors on this engine (4.4L V8?), but I think its a fuel rail temp sensor, so both are engine compartment. Since you had some work done on the coolant system, I’d check to make sure the two plugs are not crossed - some of these sensors share the same plug and there have been situations where people have crossed up the plugs. Not sure if that‘s a possibility here or not. Otherwise, I’d start with replacing the sensors.

Dustmite 3825

Reaction score
I just checked the plugs I have a bunch of dried coolant on the coolant sensor ( Problem for another time) but I was unaware they could get mixed up like that so I will check again I am getting power in both of the connectors that have coolant in them

jlglr4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to clarify - I’m not sure these particular plugs can get switched, but I know that some sensors share the same type of plug. For instance, we had one person on here report that they had the rear coolant temp sensor switched with the manifold diverter plug and the car wouldn’t start. Two sensors pretty close to each other using the same plug. So, I figure its worth checking.

And, remember, there are two coolant temp sensors (at least on my 3.0) - one in the front near the t-stat, and the other in the back on the rear crossover (heater manifold). Not sure which one had coolant residue, but just because you’re still getting power doesn’t mean it’s not messing with the signal if coolant actually made it into the plug. I’d clean it out good with some electrical circuit cleaner/map sensor cleaner, or other plastic-safe residue-free cleaner.

Good luck with it.

Dustmite 3825

Reaction score
Thank you and I will the thermostat housing or the whole plastic conector that sits above the water pump was not fluch when the last guy did the water pump

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635