1999 Land Rover Disco 1 Wont Start

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heather.aitken

Reaction score
I recently posted a thread about the fuel pump but my husband tested that again and it is working. I wanted to see if anyone had any ideas. We took it up in the hills playing around and went through a big puddle of water and caused the check engine light to come on. It still continued to run fine and we made it home. Since then the past couple days it has begun to be alittle sluggish and today we were driving down the road and it just stalled on us. It seems like it is getting spark but it just wont turn over. It kinda acts like its out of gas. Can this be the Crank Shaft Position Sensor I have been reading about all over? I am going to try to get a code reader to see what the code reads.

Disco Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heather, if you would like some help, send me your number and I'll be glad to talk to you or your husband and walk you thru what to test.
Have you had the codes read yet, if not, do that before we talk.

heather.aitken

Reaction score
Help if you can....Land Rover Wont Start due to alarm

Hello

I need your help on another matter if you can please. Our 1999 land rover will not start. when we bought it we did not receive a fob key or a remote so it was good until yesterday I think the alarm got enabled the red light flashes and we dont know how to get the truck started now. I have tried a few things I read on the web like trying to lock the door and hold it to the right position for 5 seconds and he tried switching the door sensors to see if that was bad. Can you please help us?

We have a 1999 Land Rover Disco Series 1

heather.aitken

Reaction score
Ok so we figured out how to get the truck started and thought Id share it with you people that dont have the fob key or remote....the code you have for your radio you put the key in the door and say the code is 12345 you turn the key to the left 1 time then to the right 2 times then to the left three times etc. Once the red light blinks really fast start the truck. It worked for us.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM