2003 Discovery II HSE Radio/Nav System Security Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tankptc

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new to the Forum. I recently purchased a 2003 Discovery II HSE. It has a radio with navigation system and after replacing my battery, the system is now asking me to enter my 5 digit security code. I don’t have the code, so I contacted the Land Rover dealership and they said that they only had a 4 digit security code. They suggested that I look inside the glove compartment and there would be a sticker and the last 5 numbers would be the security code that I needed. UNFORTUNATELY, the sticker has been removed!!! Does anyone have any suggestions that might help me out?

elite

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I am new to the Forum. I recently purchased a 2003 Discovery II HSE. It has a radio with navigation system and after replacing my battery, the system is now asking me to enter my 5 digit security code. I don’t have the code, so I contacted the Land Rover dealership and they said that they only had a 4 digit security code. They suggested that I look inside the glove compartment and there would be a sticker and the last 5 numbers would be the security code that I needed. UNFORTUNATELY, the sticker has been removed!!! Does anyone have any suggestions that might help me out?
I got the run around as you did. I "finally" got the right people and the right information. Call Land Rover Headquarters at (800) 637-6837. They will ask you for proof of ownership and they will call you back almost immediately. DON"T believe the dealer when they tell you that they need to take the radio out and look for the code inside. They are thieves!!! NOT NECESSARY...they just want your money.

tankptc

Reaction score
Thank you so much. I contacted Land Rover Headquarters, provided them my proof of ownership and they were able to assist me immediately. I entered the 5 digit security code that they gave me and we now have music! Thanks again for your help.

elite

Reaction score
Thank you so much. I contacted Land Rover Headquarters, provided them my proof of ownership and they were able to assist me immediately. I entered the 5 digit security code that they gave me and we now have music! Thanks again for your help.

:hello::hello:Anytime.

DiscoMo

Reaction score
Just an update on this code issue; I recently bought the same model (2003 Disco) and followed the advice found above. If you get someone at headquarters that says you must call in with the Radio code located in the back of the unit just call back in to get a different operator. I referenced this thread and she magically came up with the five digit code.

Wa-la- no more issue. My theory is the missing digit is the last number of the model year. It goes IN FRONT of the the 4 digit code given by the dealership...just a theory though.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9