4900km and check engine light on...any suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I

iwhound

My wife was out driving my HSE tonight and just came off the highway and the check engine light came on steady. Not a long drive just about 20 minutes. I love the truck but I'm hoping this isn't the start of the problems I've read about on this bb.
Thanks for any input.

I

iwhound

I just found a couple of other threads talking about this problem. I'm going to check the gas cap now. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
thanks

H

Houm_WA

I hope that it's your gas cap...that would be good.

I was talking with a service writer at my local dealer and he told me that they've had to buy back 2 LR3s due to this problem. Apparently many of the vehicles are encountering "check engine" lights and LR has not figured out the fix for it yet.

I

iwhound

Went to the dealership this morning. I'm lucky enought to have one ten minutes from my house. They have ordered a replacement O2 sensor. Seems to be a common problem.

I

iwhound

Two hours after leaving the dealership, driving into my driveway and I get a suspension fault. It just flashes up then goes away. Drove last night and today and hasn't happened again.
Any suggestions on this one? I hate to think this is the start of all the problems.....

H

Houm_WA

That service writer indicated that the O2 sensor was the apparent source of the (engine light) problem, but don't be surprised if it happens again even after it's been replaced. ...they haven't solved that one yet.

...nor have they solved the suspension problems yet. There are multiple issues there, too. Some have compressor-related problems, others have height-sensor related problems. Mine was related to moisture shorting out the EAS control module.

iwhound, this may very well be the start of issues. ...but hey, at least you have a dealership close-by. If you are willing to be patient and work with them, I think you can come out alright in the end. I mean, there are going to be little issues, they just need to get them resolved.

My concern: the myriad of issues continue beyond the warranty period. If I had to go in and get fault after fault fixed at $1g a pop, that would be a problem. That's why I'm keeping track of my shop time. Once I qualify for the lemon law, I will have a HUGE piece of leverage in negotiating an extended warranty OR getting what I call "fix it or else" repairs.

That's my suggestion to all. You get to that magic 30 days (save ALL your Repair Orders) and what choice would your service dept. have but to fix your future problems as "good will repairs" lest they face having to buy back a lemon?

...let's hold LR accountable.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99