97 RR 4.6 question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

devanwon

Reaction score
hey everyone, been a little bit but anyways. looking at a 97 rr 4.6hse 131k on it, dont want to buy a problem if you know what I mean! anything I should look for with this rig. any help is appreciated! Thanks!

akareh

Reaction score
I own a 96

I have the same car. A year older. The suspension needed to be changed on mine before I bought it and it seems to be a bit of a problem with some cars if you don't treat it right. Other than that things have been minor, I have had it for a couple of years. I have changed the rear view mirror which started leaking on me (free replacement from Magna Donnelly). The Alternator which is an easy job on this car (I got a free replacement because the guy had a reciept with a lifetime warranty) and I am now looking for a thermostat because its been running a bit cold. Other than that I have loved the car. Relatively low maintanance car and it looks good but its a bit spendy on gas if you commute a bit.

pascaltissot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi , the 1997 RR 4.6 came with mostly all the problems corrected so if I were you I would buy it with no fear , but you still have to take it to a dealer to check with test book if there is any hidden problems ¿?? And take a look under the car .Most problems on that model are the muffler they mostly get oxidation after five or seven years.
Do enjoy this car, believe me I do so very much with mine that is a 1998 .
Saludos .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72