A/C fan motor...it stops running ?...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While driving with the A/C on, I have heard the fan blower-motor cut out for a few seconds, and then go right back on. I checked the A/C switch, it's O.K., and the speed switch is working fine also...any ideas?

Jeff Discos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing at times, but only when on high. I was thinking there is just a bad connection on the switch with mine, because if I jiggle the switch when it is on high and quits, it immediately starts again. Other than that, sorry, I don't know.

If anybody else has some idea, I'd like to hear it.

Monty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I don't have ideas on this one. Actually, ours does the same thing. On one occassion, I was stopped at a light, fan on high and turned the wheel without moving and the a/c stopped. As soon as I started to drive, the a/c fan turned back on. I thought that by turning the wheel, it caused some kind of drain and shut the fan off but I don't know.

It's happened a couple more times but I wasn't in it to know the circumstances. I would like to know what's going on as well.

fivespddisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
same here. it should be a bad or dirty contact. i just wiggle the switch and it works fine

redrover51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The strange lucas-legacy...onward and up-ward. I think it is some sort of power drain with the brakes, or power-steering...but my fan isn't really that strong anyway, so I won't turn or anything while I'm driving....but I will have constant wind.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM