ABS audible warnings chime

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pjvarc

Reaction score
hello,

i have a 2003 disco se and recently i replaced the abs modulator shuttle valve at a independent dealer. however, recently i have been hearing a warning chime three times with patten to the chimes. sometimes i hear it when i'm driving and sometimes i hear it when i'm parked and engine is on and other times i do not hear it. no pattern to them just every now and then. this has been going for a month. this week replaced my drive belt and valve cover gaskets and the computer found no errors. sunday evening i discovery a burnt bulb in my front headlight and i thought the chimes could be related but my manual does not indicate so and the three chimes i heard it again this morning.

the manual says three chimes means your ABS control not be working however my mechanic says all is fine and the computer does not seem to find a fault.

has anyone experience this minor problem? any suggestions? thinking of taking the disco in at land rover dealership to check this out and diagnose if i need to replace the radiator before the summer kicks in full swing.

thanks,peter

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM