Another Towing question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AlpharettaRK

Reaction score
The LR3 looks perfect, but the dealer is telling me it will tow "7700 lbs in low range and 5500 lbs in high"? Is this true? I assume low range is a crawler, off-road range. The tongue weight is on the low side, has anybody used a weight-distributing hitch? In case you are wondering I want to pull a race car with it. PS - thanks for the posts on finding the brake controller connector.

TIA
Randy

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
The main issue with using any LR to pull a trailer really isn't the weight, it is the short wheel base. The have used the same 5500/7700 lbs limit since the RRC/D1 (IIRC). The dealer does not recommend a Weight-distributing hitch, but I am sure it will work. Again the main issue is the Short wheel base. Most rovers should not pull a trailer longer than 20 feet including the tongue. OR you will end up all over the road in any amount of wind, unless you drive 50 - 55 mph.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99