automatic locks not unlocking when put in park or turn off key

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

karlsbad

Reaction score
Key fob and internal locking mechanism both lock and unlock the doors just fine... and when you turn the vehicle on and begin to drive, the locks engage, which is great.... the problem is, when you place the vehicle back into park, turn off the ignition and pull the door handle and you have to pull it twice(once to unlock, once to open) OR i have to hit the unlock button in the car or the key fob, then then door opens normally. The problem is the same for every door. I'm guessing it should automatically unlocked when put into park or at the very least when you pull the key.

Any thoughts? Haven't seen this problem explained on the net.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is "2-Stage Unlocking" checked in your Vehicle Set Up menu? Try unchecking it and see what happens. I honestly don't know - that's one of the first "features" I disabled in my 2013 LR4 as I always hated having to press the unlock button a second time (from outside the car) to unlock passenger doors on any car I've owned... It may not fix your issues, but worth a shot. All doors in my car can be opened when you park with a single pull of the handle, no need to do it twice.

Last edited:

karlsbad

Reaction score
How do i get to the Vehicle Setup Menu? Does a dealership have to reprogram? I read through the entire manual and the only time it discusses this "2 stage" unlocking to manually unlock a single door with lock depressed. But nothing about programming any sort of auto-unlock or disable this 2 stage locking issue I'm experiencing.

Thanks for the suggestion

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You access the menus with your steering wheel's round "OK" button (on the right side of the wheel), then navigate through it with the cursor controls around the button.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635