BONG - Suspension Fault - BONG, not compressor related?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

askewed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been getting suspension faults lately (though intermittent) they occur when the LR3 experiences a change in elevation. ex. speed humps, driveway entrances and the like. Mostly they, (the faults) are of the amber variety, but this morning amber changed to red then the message screen warned me not to exceed 30mph... Cycling the engine cleared it. The air suspension still works properly during these faults. I've experianced hundreds (literally) of faults to do with the compressor and this isn't that.

Thoughts?

J

jackmac

Cheech, is that you?

Haven't had this experience. Did you have the dealer check it out?

Last edited by a moderator:
F

flowner

I've also been through many compressor faults and I have never gotten a red light. I now make my dealer pick up my vehicle and drop another off when I have any problems.

I read that some people get this with a ride hide sensor. Or maybe this time one of your Air struts need to be replaced.

Last edited by a moderator:
L

LR3_Magic

I had suspension faults that sounded similiar to yours. LR replaced two height sensors and a switch and haven't had anymore suspension faults.

H

Houm_WA

Askewed, you just described my version of the suspension fault completely. Also, in my 4x4 info screen, the ride height indicator always seemed to indicate full articulation of one wheel and not any of the others, as if the X-link valve was inop...which consequently was what the fault messages said.

Anyhow, the dealer found moisture in the wiring harness and figured it may've shorted out the suspension control module. They changed that and I haven't had a fault, but they were so intermittent that I'm not sure it's cured...just hoping. It's been a few thousand miles and I've gone over plenty of bumps, so I'm cautiously optimistic.

C

captgww

This past weekend I suffered a suspension fault every 10-15 minutes both days. Drove me nuts stopping and recycling the engine to clear the screen. But....I finally figured part of the problem. All day last Friday, 250 miles, no problem. Monday-Wednesday this week, 150 miles, no problem. Last weekend was on one tank of fuel and while my wife blamed it on bad fuel and would not understand that there is no connection, there was! Every fillup I recycle the trip odometer as well as the computer to watch the economy. For that whole tank of fuel over the weekend, the suspension faults were being trigger by the computer. When it was not in fault mode it was showing a slow rising situation. Once I filled the tank on Sunday evening and recycled the computer, everything works fine. It's going into the shop on Friday for a software upgrade.

H

Houm_WA

So.....what was the connection, per se?

I don't see it. This could've been a coincidence.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635