Bought LR3, tradedin ML500.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M

mwillems

Hello all,

Mike here in Canada (Oakville, Ontario).

Just traded in my 2 year old ML500 for a new HSE which I will get in 2 weeks exactly. Can't wait! I will miss the Benz's refinement but am looking forward to toys like GPS and especially to better comfort and better off-road - which I do use, think winter cottage.

Any tips for me as a new LR owner?

Slam

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You will never look back...

M

mwillems

excellent, I am sure you are right. Can't wait (but have to: one week but I will be in the UK then, so two weeks..)

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll want an older Disco or RRC, then a Series truck, then you'll start wearing drover's coats and muddy boots everywhere, and then you'll move into a cabin in the remotest point in Canada and sell trinkets made of trout bones.

:biggrin:

Welcome to the insanity!

M

mwillems

Moose said:
You'll want an older Disco or RRC, then a Series truck, then you'll start wearing drover's coats and muddy boots everywhere, and then you'll move into a cabin in the remotest point in Canada and sell trinkets made of trout bones.
:biggrin:
Welcome to the insanity!

:)

Well I built a cottage (turned into a big home... doubled the cost) on a 15-acre escarpment lot on an unpaved road in snowbelt country north of Toronto, does that count? And I have a couple of lumberjack shirts somewhere!

J

JackUnion

Hi Mike, welcome to the world of Range Rovers, I live in Caledon East, just north of Toronto so I',m not too far from you!.
I personally think that you made the right choice, not that I dislike MB products (in fact I was a member of the MB club back in the U.K. for years) but the ML in many way's just doesn't compare with Landrover products.
The next time that you head to to the cottage find a bit of rough land and try it out, that vehicle is truly awesome off-road!
In case you didn't know, there is a local Landrover club called The Toronto Area Rover Club (www.roverclub.org) that meet once a month (steeles and Hwy27). If you would like to learn a little more about the Landrover way of life etc. I suggest you contact the current Pres. "now what's his name, er! oh yes that's me"!!
(We've got to get the plugs in where we can eh!)
Now you go out enjoy that lovely new machine of yours!!

jumper5836

Reaction score
Well congrats on the switch.
Nice to see so many fellow Canadians here.

Jackunion - when are you going to get your webiste working correctly. www.jackunioncorp.com
I've always been interested in your inventory but you never keep it up to date, and the sales link hasn't worked now for about 2 years.

J

JackUnion

I've kind of semi-retired (I'm not sure if I have but I like the sound of that!!)
My website got killed off by "good ol MA Bell" when they tried to hook me up to high speed only to discover that they couldn't supply it in my area. I was silly enough not to have a back up for my site (I'm a lot better with LR's than I am with computors!!) one of these day's I'll get "aroundtuit" and put it back up. I still do my movie rental stuff and play with a few defenders etc, I sell a lot of used parts now and sometimes (if they twist my arm right!) I do an odd repair job for old customers. If you need to get hold of me the number is the same (905) 584-4007 or you can always get hold of me through the T.A.R.C. club.
I'm also glad to see so many Canadian LR owners here!

M

mwillems

Yes, same here - good to see other Canadians.

Now I still have to wait another , oh, 11.5 days and counting until I actually get the LR3. After which for at least a week or two my days will be 70% driving, 29% reading manuals, and 1% divided equally between my job, my family and sleeping. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112