Common fuel pressure issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wrstewart

Reaction score
haha yeah he's full of confidence that's for sure.

I went ahead and ordered the pumps and tappets. I cant find a separate part number for a gasket though. Does anyone know if it needs one?

Wrstewart

Reaction score
I finished replacing the pumps. Never want to do that again!

Some tips for anyone who is going to do this:
1. Buy a pack of plastic trim clips ahead of time. You will break some.
2. Get a wobble extension socket set.
3. I found that removing the alternator was the only way to get the front pump out. I could not get the phase pulse sensor wire out though so I had to move the alternator around depending on which screws I was working on. Not ideal but doable. I had the same issue with the high pressure fuel sensor when I did that job. Same style clip, neither one will budge. I had to break the one on the fuel sensor. Any tips here?
4. The acoustic covers are not slotted behind the fuel lines. I ended up just tearing mine as gently as I could to get them off. You might be able to remove the lines and then the covers but I could not.
5. Use an oil pan when you remove the pumps. I stupidly let 3 quarts of brand new Liqui Moly spill on the floor when taking the pumps out. I kept thinking "It must stop soon!"... nope. Better yet- drain the oil before you start the project and re-fill when done.
6. Take a picture of where the splash panels go. Took me 30 minutes to figure out how to put them back on.
7. When re-assembling, do not tighten the low pressure feed line on either pump until both are on the threads. They are connected, and have no play in between them.
8. Putting the wheel liner back in- I struggled a lot here. Next time I would probably remove the fender flares before removing the liners. They just pop off once your take out the screws holding them in on the ends.

One last thing. Examine your parts once you get them. This probably goes for any part you get online. I got one of the pumps in no problem, when I opened the second box I found that the electrical connector was snapped in half and the contacts were bent. I wasted an entire weekend waiting for a replacement to be sent.

Have fun!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72