Emergency/Parking Brake Adjuster

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpalatas

Reaction score
Just replaced the rear wheel bearing and reassembled the original components of the EPB on my 2008 LR3. Got to the install of the original/removed "knurled adjuster" and pulled the two pieces apart to lubricate them before placement. One piece/end has the knurl on one end and the other end has male threads. The other piece is what I will call the "receiver" - just a blind hole - with no internal female threads or threaded piece that would engage with the male threads on the knurled piece. I don't get it. Turning the knurled piece makes no change in the length of the assembled piece - the knurled part just spins freely in the blind hole part. What am I missing here? Is there a female threaded piece that fits into the blind hole part that will engage with the male threads on the knurled part to enable length change that will actually push the shoes apart further (or allow them to return to the relaxed position)?View attachment 24522

The part number and pictures on LR websites show only the two pieces.

mpalatas

Reaction score
Never mind - there are actually (3) pieces - couldn't tell 'cause the "knurled" piece was frozen into the "adjuster" piece. When assembled between the two shoe ends, the two pieces of the "knurl" started unscrewing.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM