For Sale: FaultMate MSV2, complete diagnostic configuration tool

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those of you who are not familar with this tool, this is better and more capable tool then the device dealers use. This not only let you dignose every module on your land rover but also let you reconfigure vehicle configuration file (aka CCF), something your dealer won't or don't know how to.

This retails for about $1200 and shipping from UK. I am buying this new to enable RES (rear entertainment system) on my LR4. I am retrofitting this and in order to enable the feature, I need to edit the CCF file on the car. Also with that, I am going to enable couple of other features that are disabled on US model LR4. Daytime running light on US model can also be enabled with this device. I am also going to do the paddle shifter retrofit (found on 2010 RRS Supercharged) and you need this device. You also need this to enable two assist feature on LR4 HSE Lux Plus.

Once I am done updating/enabling these features, I won't be needing this device. So I am trying to find out if I have a buyer before I send $1300 to UK. I can't afford to keep this device. Resell of this device is supported by the manufactere and they will transfer the license for you. If you have a LR4, transfer is free I believe. If you have other vehicle such as Range Rover, Sport or LR3, you may have to repurchase the software module specific to your car. In that case you will be just buying the hardware (they call it "server") from me at substential discount.

If you are interested, email me or send me a private message.

Last edited:

morrisdl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tempting, but I think the pricing model discourages this. The software for an additional car is 67% of the cost, of the entire kit. The device it self is only 149euro, so how much can you expect to recoup? I would suggest keeping it, for any future problems you may encounter. If you are insistent on, selling it I may be convinced into moving this up my wish list for the right price.

tjp74

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CORRECTION: I forgot the fact that cost is mostly for software not hardware.

However, I was waiting on a response from the BlackBox solution to see if software can be upgraded/downgraded to different vehicle type and surprisingly they do allow this for a small admin fee. Basically, if you are interested in this for your, say 2007 Range Rover, my LR4 software will be deactivated and you will get a new RR software module licensed to your VIN for small admin fee.

Here is their response.

"Good morning

We can transfer a licence over to a different vehicle for a small admin fee. the old licence is then de-activated and the new one issued.
generally we would go on a points scale with regards the different models for grading up but as you would be at the highest level there would not be any issues at all for the new owner.

Kind Regards

Ron Blakey"

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM