Freelander Misfire Problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Winnie1971

Reaction score
Hi Guys:mad:

I am hoping someone can help me out.

Basically some weeks ago my head gasket went on my 1998 Freelander 1.8 petrol, so I stripped / cleaned everything as I went then put everything back together, everything went extremley well lined timing etc up fresh oil, oil filter etc. started it up ran sweet as a nut. a few days later noticed a water leak traced it back to the water pump by time i eventually got a new pump and stripped the old 1 off ( approx 1 week or so later ) it was definatly the pump so i replaced that did timing as previous etc put all back together but when i started the engine things didnt seem right I now have a mis fire on pots 3 & 4 along with a a petrol smell coming from my air vents when i drive it. i have replaced everything from the plugs to dizzy but still not change I cant understand it what so ever i am tempted to put the old broke water pump on but dont believe thats the problem any ideas would be greatly appreciated.:confused:

Thx

Winnie

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would start by checking the fuel rail to make sure it isn't leaking somewhere (don't check with a torch or you may never post again). Sounds like either leaking fuel rail, or bad injectors.

Winnie1971

Reaction score
Thank you Joey I will check that out in the morning and update my post tomorow afternoon,

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112