Front Bull bar Lr4 2014

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigBriDogGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@CRYA I love your rig. Super sharp looking. I do like the look of the ARB. I still think modifications can overpower the vehicle to the point where it is almost indistinguishable from any other off-road brand or model. For instance...
1694842044376.png

I love the look but seems like it could be just about anything under all that.

Here's a link to the build video for anyone that might be interested. It's not long and fun. There is one section where they are driving off-road while showing dash panel and rearview mirror aftermarket instrumentation that is absolutely eye-popping. The end result is impressive as well.

Last edited:

mbw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Beauty might be subjective, but function and actual engineering aren't. You buy an ARB (or other aussie grade certified bars) if you want something that is functional, engineered rather than just welded up in some garage to look nice. ARBs are crash tested, and have impact crush cans to keep your airbags from triggering easier. Made for hitting actual animals and protecting things. The aussie bars require engineering and testing where as most of the other stuff on the market doesn't require or have any.

Having said that I do like how they look, but I value the function way more than I care about the looks.

1694922660671.png

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good and is functional but I always have a hard time added mass to an already weight challenged platform. Unavoidable to a certain extent but every lb added detracts from performance.

RoverSporP400phev

Reaction score
Just buy a 4runner and sell us the LR4 :). J/K…..i have both the LR4 and a D2 with ARB bumpers and rails etc. the LR4 looks with the 4runner bar is not a good look. ARB is heavy set up but has function. Decide wisely.

powershift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the factory bumper with no front plate. The owners manual says you can fit a winch in there.

TquWwuK.jpg

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There was a factory winch mount for the LR3. It carried the winch more in front of the bumper than inside it.

itsaguything

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have thought about this too.
However, firstly, I have never needed the winch for myself.
Secondly, the clearing of the trail is done by a 4wd tractor with a bush hog… or a chainsaw. There is no need for me to plow down trees like I used to do with a deuce or the 5 ton.

So, I’m back to my tow straps to support others. And won’t be getting a bumper really needed for the previous version defender.

ryanjl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My local Land Rover dealer had its annual off-road event this past Saturday. The first part of the event is meeting at the dealership and looking around the service area. Their new snow plow vehicle is an LR4. The service manager said it was a PITA to hook the snow plow up to, but they got it done. Looks like the plow is connected to a similar spot as the hidden winch mounts are. This post would probably be much better with a picture, which I did not take.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72