Ground locations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lsawicki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I am having issues with grounds because sometimes when I hit some nasty bumps I'll have the low fuel light come on along with the unfastened seatbelt light. I just was wondering if anybody knew where the various grounds are for the more important electrical components?

Also, lately I have been having trouble cold starting...The engine cranks and turns on, but if I don't give it gas for ~10 seconds, It will die on me and random lights on the dash will blink and such. This goes away after the car is in motion. Any ideas?

Oh, I drive a 93 RRC LWB

lsawicki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
update...

So when I hit a rough bump, the low fuel light, the seatbelt, and the battery light flicker. Tach and Speedometer suddenly drop to 0 and then pick back up where they left off...

grr. Winter is coming soon and I want to make sure that these small electrical problems won't get me stuck up at the mountains after a day of snowboarding :hmpf:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
I would start with all the connections from the battery and the alternator. Check the fuse box for corrosion. Ground on a LR/RR are just about everywhere and sometimes the connection between body panels get dirty or rusty and will cause bad grounds...

Latest posts

Staff online

• joey
    Custom Rover Accessories

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112