Hello and Tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EastonRover

Reaction score
Hello all,
As you can probably tell I am just joining and live in Easton, MA.
I'll start right off then with one of my first problems or wants. Hey who who owns a Landy doesn't have some type of problem going on? Not that it's a bad thing mind you.
I'm having a bit of a dillema with tires. My wife's '01 could use some new rubber. Her Yokos (Geolanders) are wearing and the spare is a GoodYear Wrangler HP, which is on as I write this. I have a fairly new set of GoodYear Eagles and a Michelin 4x4 XPC for a spare which is in good condition. The thing is I just installed OME shocks and my HD OME springs arrived today. I am scheming to give her the Eagles and get a new set for myself. My question is I guess what should I go with. I mostly drive on the highway (long commute) but do go offroad a liitle and also tow a boat from April to Oct. I would love to have some nice big meaty tires rather than what I have had. I used to have a set of Toyos before they wore out. I would like to be able to swap tires with her if need be, but then again that probably won't happen. As pretty much everyone else out there I need to watch my pennies and nickles on this. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.
Also, I am always looking for stuff for my Rovers if anyone has stuff to sell or barter.

Thanks,
Robert Plante

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum.

Tires, my personal preference is BFGoodRich AT Revo's. The wear very well, handle nicely on the road, and for lite off road use I love them. Meaty tires will last maybe 20 to 25k miles of highway use if your lucky.

I have a set of full on mud tires, on separate rims that I keep in the shed (if time permits and I will actually get to go off roading I will swap my tires to go play. But dang to the ride rough and wear fast. That and they suck in snow.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635