Hello from MN

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stormy

Reaction score
Been a long time lurker and do appreciate all the information here. Now that I'm coming off of my warranty it's time to become more active in maintaining my vehicle.

I've got a Green/Tan 2006 LR3 SE and other than the BLEEPING tires, I love this machine. I'm a light off-roader and have had to winch myself out of trouble once or twice. I was a "Jeep guy" in the past, but always wanted a Rover. I can't imagine ever driving anything else.

I'd like to mention that dealing with Land Rover Minneapolis has been (overall) a very positive experience. My sales guy was great to work with and there was very little haggling. I had done my homework and got a very good price (similar to other good deals folks were getting around the end of 2006).

There has been virtually nothing wrong with the vehicle other than the tires. After 7K miles the rears were really starting to wear poorly. I have to admit I really didn't see it, but the service guy mentioned it and said they would replace two tires and align at no charge. This happened a couple more times. Each time I was informed of the new specs from Land Rover - they never kept this information in the dark. The last time I think they ended up replacing four tires and aligning and charged me $600. I didn't complain too much because they did have around 20K miles on them at that point. Right now they're all over the place again so I'm shopping for new tires.

The service manager seems very knowledgeable. Was more than happy to sit down and go through things in great detail, showing me the specs from LR, showing me the work they did, gave me copies of anything I wanted, and acknowledged that the stock tires have been problematic. He suggested going with something else now that I'm coming off the warranty (obviously he had no choice in the matter when I was getting things done under warranty). Heck, he even mentioned a .com tire retailer as a place to go. He educated me on a lot of things that I have had confirmed by this forum and others. While I'm scared by how much things might cost if I have to go in for work, I do feel that they're a good group of folks. That being said, there is an independent LR service place in the Twin Cities that I'm sure I'll chat with if any big service problems arise.

Anyhow, that's my .02,

-Stormy.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum... I approved your post in the LR3 section... the system put a hold on it since you posted a link.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635