HELP!--snow coming and window won't go up!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

knac1234

Reaction score
Hello-

2004 Freelander with a whopping 25K on it!

Today, the right rear passenger window would not go back up.

It will go down, but not up.

Seems to be a common problem as I peruse the threads....most recommend replacing the regulator mechanism.

How do you get the door panel off though? I have pried the panel off the door almost all the way, but I think the interior handle you use to pull the door closed must be keeping the panel on there, yet I see no screws.

Please help me get the panel off! First priority is to push the window up before the snow comes, and the second priority is to fix it (gladly take details on that too!!).

Thanks,
Julian, Colorado

knac1234

Reaction score
Thanks Joey-

I downloaded the manuals, which are a great resource! I have both a 03 Disco and a 04 Freelander, for which I have never found a manual for (like a Haynes or other), so this is a HUGE help!

Unfortunately, the diagram for the rear door panel for the Freelander depicts a door handle which does not match mine (perhaps it is an earlier year or UK spec, as I noticed many pics of RHD setups?). My handle has no visible screws on it, nor anywhere on the door panel save the escutheon listed that has one screw only :((

Thanks again....hoping someone knows if there are "hidden" screws somewhere...don't want to break the trim panel.

Julian
Colorado

03 Disco II
04 Freelander
65 MG B
73 MG BGT
71 UK spec Hillman IMP!

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Call your local LR service manager and ask... if you own 2 he might be willing to give you the answer over the phone.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72