HOW TO CHANGE PLENUM HEAD GASKET ON 1996 Range Rover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hepec

Reaction score
Hi new guy here again. I decided to dedicate this thread to all those poor souls googling yet another Range Rover problem. So let's start.

A little while ago, my 96 Rover started heating up. The temp gauge would get in the red zone which got me worried. The car started loosing coolant and after filling it up to the full, the coolant would last only for days, I realized i had a problem here. Took it to the shop, and they said that it's head gasket is blown. "Head gasket"?, i said, thinking how much green i would have to caugh up for this now.

They said, the part is cheap, but the labor is intensive. Soooo, naturally, i declined, and went back home to once again, google repairs on RR. Now, this took forever thanks to my cheap girlfriend, that always opts out for alternative solutions. :biggrin:

What I found is, well, to start off, you my friend, need to download a PDF file manuall for '96 RR. Later models would work too. Do some digging on the net and you'll find it. In my case it's the 4.0 SE engine, not the BMW [in later models].

Hepec

Reaction score
Alright, i have s.... load of detailed images, but i can't post them because this forum allows only certain size. ***? Some walk me through how to rezise and upload pics according to specs on this site. I's just trying to help people in my situation.

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
to resize files the easy way... download IrfanView (free) and it will resize pics very easy.

Hepec

Reaction score
^^ Did it, re-sized pics to 373x280 as a bmp. But file size is still 303 kb! On irfanView, is there option to save file as 97.0 kb .jpg?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4