Idle Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RebelYankee

Reaction score
A little more info. The idle has been a little better, but still sometimes drops to 600ish and then comes right back to 620ish.

Today I opened the window and turned the air con off and it idled perfectly. So I tested the idle by adding load to the battery/alternator. Whenever I add a load, be it hvac, seat heaters, etc., the idle drops to below 600. It does recover a little (610-615), but not as good as when I have everything turned off (620+).

Thoughts?

Last edited:

f1racer328

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little more info. The idle has been a little better, but still sometimes drops to 600ish and then comes right back to 610ish.

Today I opened the window and turned the air con off and it idled perfectly. So I tested the idle by adding load to the battery/alternator. Whenever I add a load, be it hvac, seat heaters, etc., the idle drops. It does recover a little, but not as good as when I have everything turned off.

Thoughts?
Can you post a video? Upload it to YouTube and post the link here.

RebelYankee

Reaction score
Let me give it a try. I have gap iid on my phone, so will need to grab the wife's phone to record. I do have a screenshot of when put a load on at idle.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240213_122835_IIDControl.jpg
    Screenshot_20240213_122835_IIDControl.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 11

Al Pizzica

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Following because I have an intermittent unsteady idle only when HVAC is on, kind of a mild die off immediately followed by a mild surge, like hunting on a generator. If I shut HVAC off it goes away. I was thinking maybe the compressor on the way out.

RebelYankee

Reaction score
Closing this thread.

I took the car to a reputable indy land rover shop and was told this is normal. There is nothing wrong. Revs can drop, car can shake, nothing to worry about. I'll continue to keep an eye on it, but going to move on from it.

Thanks for all the input.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72