Loaners

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I first got my HSE in 2005 i had to bring it back in for service a few times. Every time I recieved a loaner LR3 until my car was fixed. The last three times (I've been back 6 times in 12 months) they have shelled out an Enterprise Rent-A-Car. Usually, this is a Dodge Intrepid, or something.

My question is this: is there a policy on loaners, or is it dealer-by-dealer specific? I can't seem to stop the water draining into my vehicle from the A-Pillar, and I keep getting POS loaners in the process.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In other words, Land Rover does not reimburse them for the cost of a loaner. Around here, I do not get a loaner unless it is the normal "scheduled" maintenance. Just a lift to a destination...

T

TimLR3

The local Land Rover dealer here uses Toyota Camrys for loaner cars. Bleh! Just had to take my LR3 back in for another Suspension Fault. Last time it was over a week before I got it back.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes and No

grommet said:
In other words, Land Rover does not reimburse them for the cost of a loaner. Around here, I do not get a loaner unless it is the normal "scheduled" maintenance. Just a lift to a destination...
If the dealer rents a vehicle to put a customer in, there is NO reimbursement.
However, Land Rover does have a program where they provide an attractive reimbursement for placing a vehicle into loaner service for a period of time, regulated by the dealership. I'll tell you, it is a logistical can of worms, trying to balance the loaner fleet/schedule/and money, but it is what is best for the client.
So in a way, we get reimbursed the cost of those particular loaners. It just depends on the dealer and what they can afford/want to do.

Grendal_Fly

Reaction score
My dealer started out with the enterprise rentals, but my last two visits I have gotten an 06 LR3 SE. Recently my dealer has started to impress me with thier service which, considering 6 months ago I had to call LRNA to get any response from them is a big change.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I'm returning the vehicle to fix a problem that was not fixed in the two previous two tries, I'd hope they'd give me a loaner LR3 or better. Especially since I'm leaving it overnight. It just seems odd that I have to drive a Ford Taurus for a few days when I'm paying interest to them for those days.

jptruck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: They actually gave me an LR3 SE. Since I live about 1.5 hours from the dealership, they dropped it off at my office today. Pretty nice of them, but I think it had something to do with the letter I sent and had copied to LRNA. Now we'll see if they fix the damn problem.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112