New guy, new LR3 owner with a question, please help!!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

roverdood

Reaction score
Hello everyone, So i recently purchased a 2007 LR3 and so far I love it. My sister also purchased one and yesterday she gave me her wheels which were on her LR3 and today I went to get them swapped over as hers were in better condition. When I went to leave the tire shop I started up my truck and now none of the guages are working but the truck runs fine. I have the gap ID tool and scanned the codes and this is what came up.

UO132-87 Lost communication with ride level control module- Bus signal
UO184-87 Lost communication with parking control assist control module
UO184-87 Lost communication with audio unit
B1A00-17 Control module-General electrical failure-circuit voltage above threshold.

Those are codes and it wont let me clear them. I tried disconnecting the negative cable but no luck there. Any insight or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch.

Houm_WA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an instrument cluster issue. I've read about this but have not encountered it myself (knock on wood). You can get them off ebay and install them with the GAP. I have heard that they have to have equal or greater mileage than what you currently show on the ODO; can't verify that though. Hope that helps. There is info on this, on other forums. Try here: https://landroverforums.com/forum/lr3-28/

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So do you have the orange or red suspension light on and the gauges aren't working? If not or when you turn the key on do the lights light up and then go off when it starts? Or is the cluster completely not working.

roverdood

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply's guys, heres a little update. I took out the instrument cluster to check the wiring behind it. And while I was taking off all the trim pieces I noticed the odometer light came on and showed the mileage. That was a first since this problem started so i was feeling pretty good and thought I may be on to something. I unplugged the cluster, plugged it back in and put everything back together and still nothing from any of the gauges. When I put the key in it says key in ignition on the screen, then when I start it the screen goes blank and i get nothing from any of the gauges. The truck runs fine and everything functions as it should. I wonder if the cluster is totally bad??

remember5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Discouraging that the connector wasn't the issue, I assume you checked for any corrosion when it was unplugged. As Houm said you evidently have to have GAP or some kind of tool to program a new cluster. Attached are the relevant sections of the manual if you don't have them. Having said that and knowing that all the modules on the MOST network are connected, looking at your errors, and since this started when you got your tires replaced, I would circle back to sensors at the wheels, suspension, literally anywhere under the truck that could have been bumped or crimped while it was on the rack. My mantra with my truck is keep it simple and don't overthink a problem.

Attachments

• Description and Operation.pdf
    689.9 KB · Views: 59
  • Removal and Installation.pdf
    201.9 KB · Views: 39
  • Description and Operation.pdf
    617.6 KB · Views: 46

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members