O2 sensor heaters offline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, 2015 LR4 at just over 40k and it failed emissions today for O2 heaters inactive. The IID Tool live values confirmed both banks off though no CEL is displayed. My first thought was fuses but all three were good with 12 volts present. Why both banks?
Ideas?

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As a followup, why is is there no check engine light for “O2 Sens Not Ready” and “O2 Sens Htr Not Ready?”

Lgibson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surprise, SO took it to the dealer and received the following report:
FOUND START STOP BATTERY HAS FAILED CAUSING FAULT TO BE STORED IN PCM PREVENTING MONITORS FROM BEING SET
REMOVED AND REPLACED START STOP BATTERY TO CORRECT
I have followd the ISS threads here religiously and never heard of such a problem. That little $400 battery has been out for a year but must have had enough left to enable passing emissions last year.
I will update the ISS thread.

Waterndirt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I run with a dead start stop battery, on purpose. Last time I check it was at 8 volts. Great info!

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Surprise, SO took it to the dealer and received the following report:
FOUND START STOP BATTERY HAS FAILED CAUSING FAULT TO BE STORED IN PCM PREVENTING MONITORS FROM BEING SET
REMOVED AND REPLACED START STOP BATTERY TO CORRECT
I have followd the ISS threads here religiously and never heard of such a problem. That little $400 battery has been out for a year but must have had enough left to enable passing emissions last year.
I will update the ISS thread.
well ill be damned lol...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9