O2 Sensor Question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RoverChic

I love Ryan and Rovers
Reaction score
Moose said:
This thread was split off from another thread in the same forum.

Andy

Beemer ---Sorry to thread hi--jack!! But do you have the specs on the 02 sensor testing? I looked thru a bunch of old posts and never could locate them. Found the MAFS Specs but not what a good 02 Sensor should put out. Thank you so much!! Melissa N

Last edited:

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need oscilograph for that, Melissa.

Normal operating O2 sensor putting out 0.3-0.6v after it heats up and starting to generate things. Should come in form of waves.

If its closer to middle - sensor is dying, if its leaning to lower/higher values but still waving - you got either lean or rich running .

My 2c :)

Jeff Discos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If money is no object, why not just replace the MAF at the same time? Heh heh...

My obd2 scanner shows the values of the o2 sensors...I thought you had one, Melissa?

Jeff Discos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
www.obd2.com

This is the one where you dl the software then use your laptop or desktop to interrogate the car. I think the total was around $150 for software and cables the guy supplied.

So far I'm happy with it. A couple bugs yet to figure out. Mind you, it is not a polished product...I mean, it doesn't look like a beautiful program when you open it, but it works well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gvillalongo