Parking Brake Boot (gaiter) Replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

koolhouse

Reaction score
Does anyone have instructions on how to disassemble the console to replace the parking brake lever boot? I'm guessing it is not too difficult, but there are no obvious screws to accomplish this.

koolhouse

Reaction score
Does anyone have instructions on how to disassemble the console to replace the parking brake lever boot? I'm guessing it is not too difficult, but there are no obvious screws to accomplish this.
Incidentally, it is a 2000 model

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Hope this helps

Attachments

• handbrake.jpg
    handbrake.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 172

koolhouse

Reaction score
Thank you for this inf, Joey. Can you post the page on removing the switch panel from the console?

Byron

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Will do tomorrow, unless someone else can do it... I am out of town working tonight and do not have the manual on my Laptop.

Dick61

Reaction score
Dowload the manual

Go to the thread posted by Joey on help w/codes -this is in a posting about 4 down from this one on the forum site - and follow the link posted by Joey to Landroverresource.com and download the workshop manual. The page you want is page 44 in section 78-Chassis and body
Cheers

Garage Tool

Reaction score
If all you want to do is replace the boot...

On BMWs you need to pull the brake handle off. Its tiring to do, and in the past, I've needed to use heat and silicone spray.

I'm new to LRs but it looks like the same process

Garage Tool

Reaction score
OK, just checked, remove the brake handle by twisting and pulling, the boot unsnaps like the image above shows

Donjames911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
KK, it's a long but not difficult process. The switch facia just pops off (carefully, with a small screw driver) which will reveal the switch assembly. Remove the switch assembly and disconnect the switches, they are color-coded and will only go back on one way.That should give you clearance to install the new EB boot.

If you need to remove the console, remove the rubber pad around the gear shift. You should find 4 screws there, remove them. There should also be 2 screws at the front of the console, remove them also. Now, you should be able to remove the console, but the cigar lighter will still be connected here. Disconnect that. Removing the console will be the most difficult part. I found that I had to disconnect the emergency brake to provide clearance. It's a C-clip and pin. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635