Radio Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

P

ParrotheadinALB

I just finished putting the truk back toghether after pulling the panels and carpets to give it a much needed cleaning. In the process of this I pulled the subwoofers, both rear speakers, and the drivers speaker, as well as the CD changer out. After putting them back, I have use of the radio, but none of the speakers work. I've checked all the fuses that I can find, just wondering if anyone knows if there's an inline fuse somewhere or what else might be causing this problem.

Jason
95 D1

Moose

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't there an amp back there someplace? I wonder if an inline fuse (or relay) between the fuse box and amp/sub got tripped....but that would seem to indicate more problems than simply disconnecting and reconnecting.

Is everything properly wired? I recall the front speakers have wires that are difficult to distinguish (black vs. white)

P

ParrotheadinALB

There is an amp back there. All the speakers are wired back they way they came out. I've found some relays.... not sure if they do anything for the amp/radio. How do you know when a relay is bad. Is it as obvious as a fuse?

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is fuse right inside front amp (one under passenger seat). Thats the one that actually powering everyone else. That is also where you can actually check if connections in harness from radio getting any power at all.

And remember that Discos are common ground for stereo kind of vehicles.. :) You may be just disonnected ground off them when pulled it out? :)

There is another fuse that responsible for stereo inside usual fuse box, but i cant remember which one - you should be able to spot it on diagramm.