Relay/switch for alternator-battery feed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sergei

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i got my Rover today out to show friends some mountains. Had to bolt on old alternator. So two things happened - first CDL was hard to engage - its light been flickering like flickery thing, and then it died at the top of pass, which i expected. I peformed my magical dance with few VERY magical russian words around it - it managed to start it up (after few crank-and-die attempts) and made it all the way home without single issue afterwards. Leads me to believe that previous issue was hidden slightly by more powerful alternator, but still - its bloody electrical! :)

So i am waiting for new MG alternator currently (or if they will manage to reanimate my old one) and driving on battery (luckily my office is like 5 mins drive distance).

Now whats interesting - is that its like that stupid switch which should redirect draw (battery->alt) snuffed it and working occasionally, definetly whole thing is also heat related (i.e its like relay aint going anywhere when getting really hot, or loosing connection). Now - can someone name that switch/relay? I am gonna research meanwhile with RaveCD schematics - but may be someone here know where is it...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM