Removing scratches in paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

I

iwhound

Hey all;
What do you guys use to remove scratches from your paintwork. I just got home and realized someone has dragged something along the side of my buckingham blue paint that is now very scratched. It looks like its only in the clearcoat but I'm not sure till I wash it and have a good look.
Let me know what you recommend for this.
Thanks again.

Grendal_Fly

Reaction score
You can try Mequire's scratch X which will remove very minor clearcoat scratches. If that doesn't work I would ask on www.autopia.org and make sure your post a picture since depending on the size and depth you will get different advice.

J

JC0976

Time and patience and the Meguiar's scratch X will do wonders. With a recent light key scratch in the clearcoat, It took a while to reduce/remove the line but it did pay off. A buffer will help used properly. Also, if you can't get all the white clearcoat line to disappear completely, a swipe with a permanent marker and removed with rag or finger would reduce the white line and blend it into the paint. I did this with Bonatti Gray (black marker) and the results were satisfactory.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dandavies9