Scratches above windshield

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

H

Houm_WA

I recently washed my LR3 and noticed several long, thin scratches on the roof above the windshield. It is strange because I would've noticed them sooner had they occured when the car was in my possesion. It had to happen somewhere that the car has been a few times, recently...and I just can't think of how or where this may've occured.

Anyway...not going to dwell on that....my real reason for posting is to ask if there are any products out there that might help minimize the impact of small scratches like this...? ...like, amost like a hand-applied polish that could effectively "buff out" these scratches.

...anyone had any luck with something like that in the past?

Thanks.

Echoes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can also use a light compound to remove the scratches yourself.
Any auto parts store will sell different compunds depending on the job.
I use "FIne Cut Cleaner" by Meguiars and it works great!

Put a little amount of polishing compound onto a damp sponge and buff the scratched area in a circular motion until scratches disappear. But don't overdo it. I'd suggest trying a small area first, to get use to the process. Then wash off the area completely.

Put a little amount of wax onto a sponge and spread evenly on the scratched area. Wait, allowing product to haze, then, using a soft towel, buff the wax off.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635