Still having issues with code: P2135 Throttle/pedal position sensor/switch A/B voltage correlation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ROVERLORD

Reaction score
2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4.4 118,102 mi
P2135 Throttle/pedal position sensor/switch A/B voltage correlation is beating me up, I have had this code on for approx. 2 1/2 Months. During this time vehicle ran excellent no symptoms until recently, now it goes in to limp mode and after I turn the ignition off, and start it back up it will sometimes run the rest of the day with no issue? In my attempt to repair the problem I have purchased the icarsoft 2.0 for Land Rover diagnostic scanner, I have installed a New Genuine Land Rover Throttle Body Assembly and Gasket, A New Genuine Land Rover Gas pedal assembly, I have also replaced all 4 Oxygen Sensors with O.E. Installed a Brand New battery, checked but no vacuum leaks found, I also cleaned M A F sensor with correct mass air flow cleaner from CRC. The funny thing is I drove this 5,000 miles round trip on a road trip previously no issues to be found other than code p2135 popping up but no symptoms, NOW P2135 pops up and it goes into limp mode. I did notice the original wiring to throttle body harness plug had been cut and new plug & wiring ran to main harness behind battery at firewall also appears that there are some ground wires that were butt connected and grounded to lug on fender side firewall, side of battery? I'm thinking of checking all the connections in hopes of finding a poor connection or ground issue, but before I tackle that I would like to confirm that this butchery is at least wired correctly by viewing a wiring diagram. I have owned this 2005 Land Rover LR3 SE 4.4 Fully Loaded 118,102 mi. for approx. 4 months now and I love it. Everything works in it all options Nav, Etc.. no other issues drives like a dream, when it doesn't kick into limp mode. wondering if anyone has experienced this or could help in any way. Thank You all in advance

Gnomad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you should definitely investigate that wiring you mentioned. Since it works sometimes I would think it's correct, the flakiness makes me think the connections aren't what they could be. If they are butt splices without solder I'd think about soldering them correctly.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM