sun roof visors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cypress822

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be buying an LR4 in the next day or two. Has anyone noticed that there is a lot of heat coming through the sunroof mesh visors?? I have always had a solid visor to block out all the heat...how are these mesh ones working out for everyone?

Perry

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ones in my LR3 seem to work well. But, it's still only in the 90's....

lr4fan

Reaction score
Hello LR forum. We want to purchase a 2010 LR4 that is not in our state because it has the color we like. 1. Does anyone know if it's a good idea to negotiate from far away or does this happen all the time.
2. Also, does anyone have the "heavy duty" package and recommend it? The car we like has it, so I'm curious.

3.The dealer here in CA says our only color option with our needs is an alaska white one (which is why I started looking out of state). Should I believe him that supplies are really that low? The benefit to buying from our local dealer is the free car rental when servicing it. Are there any other things I should be thinking about? THank you so much!

lr4fan

Reaction score
Gearing up for purchase of a LR4

Hello! A couple things:
1. Local dealer here in CA said supplies were so limited he could only offer a white car. Are they really that scarce. We don't need a car until August, but am wondering how quickly I actually need to jump.

2. Found car I really like, but it's in CO. Are there any drawbacks to buying out of state other than shipping?

3. How useful is a heavy duty package if I'm not an off roader. This will primarily be a family car.

Thanks so much!

CMGRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Buying out of state might hurt your bargaining power...and you it's harder to see it in person...

But, the HD package includes a spare alloy, and a rear locker. Quite rare. It won't affect daily driving at all.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello LR forum. We want to purchase a 2010 LR4 that is not in our state because it has the color we like. 1. Does anyone know if it's a good idea to negotiate from far away or does this happen all the time.
2. Also, does anyone have the "heavy duty" package and recommend it? The car we like has it, so I'm curious.

3.The dealer here in CA says our only color option with our needs is an alaska white one (which is why I started looking out of state). Should I believe him that supplies are really that low? The benefit to buying from our local dealer is the free car rental when servicing it. Are there any other things I should be thinking about? THank you so much!

I bought my LR3 in Chicago and drove it back to my home in MD. We got it for a steal because it was a service loaner (3k on the Odometer) with all the options I wanted, including the HD package. I got it for the off roading aspect, full size spare and the fact that it is such a desirable option that if I ever had to sell the truck for any reason (Knock on wood, love the truck and keeping it till it dies hopefully) a potential owner may be looking for a truck with that in it. If you can buy it out of State and it is the "right" one for you and also the price is acceptable or great, I highly recommend going that route.

ChesapeakeRover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will be buying an LR4 in the next day or two. Has anyone noticed that there is a lot of heat coming through the sunroof mesh visors?? I have always had a solid visor to block out all the heat...how are these mesh ones working out for everyone?

Perry

Oh and my bad, ur the OP... My mesh ones seem to keep out a lot of the heat, also I believe the roof glass is treated in such a way (polarized or mirrored) to help prevent a massive influx of heat through the roof.

lr4fan

Reaction score
Thanks so much for you note. I really hope it works out. I'm looking so forward to exploring. Thanks again! Laura

lr4fan

Reaction score
missed our chance...

The one we liked that was out-of-state sold before we were able to put a hold on it. We actually agreed to put a hold but it sold before we got to speak to the salesman. Needless to say my heart sank and I started calling around. It turns out one of our local dealerships is getting about 5 cars next week. There is one that would do great, I'm sure. It's not our dream color like the other one, nor does it have the heavy duty package that my husband likes.

How few cars are out there. Should I jump on this tomorrow? Please advise. Thank you!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disco2TrailEdit4