Suspension Fault, but have done some work already.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mptexxas

Reaction score
First, ,I should say hello as I am new to the forum; Hello !

I have a 2008 Range Rover. A few weeks ago, I got the suspension fault, and you could hear air coming from the driver’s side. At that point I assumed it was the airbag and the 4x4 screen was showing that drivers side dropping, also the compressor was overheating and working way to hard. It was also dropping the 2 front tires and not the back. I replaced both front airbags and the suspension valve/solenoid. I should also note about 6 months ago I replaced the left height sensor without any issues. The behavior is different the randomness at which I get the suspension fault is more random, before replacing the airbags it was pretty consistent that at about 5 miles it would fault and the truck would drop.

The other big difference is the 4x4 screen now shows the right front dropping before the fault as shown in the pic. I am gonna go ahead and replace the right front sensor and report back, but should I be looking at something else at this point? Could this mean it needs to be calibrated, which I have not done.

These are the codes I get:
RLM (Ride Level Control Module)
  • U0416-86 – Invalid data received from the vehicle Dynamics Control Module
ATCM (All Terrain Control Module)
  • U0401-94 – intermittent - Invalid data received from the engine control module / powertrain control module
  • U0402-94 – intermittent – Invalid data received from transmission control module
  • U0416-94 – permanent – Invalid data received from the vehicle dynamics control module
  • U0403-94 – intermittent – invalid data received from transfer case control module
VDM (Vehicle Dynamics Control Module)
  • C1A00-88 – permanent – control module
  • U0128-87 – permanent – Lost communication with parking brake control module.

1690486252267-png.png

mptexxas

Reaction score
Not sure if this helps anyone, but the tool I was using to clear the faults, look at the data, and do the diagnostics is what was causing tall the Control module faults. I trusted the 4X4 info screen and replaced the right front height sensor. It works great and after 15 miles of the test drive I hit the diagnostic scan on my tool and immediately got all the CM faults. After that I clear the codes, unplugged the tool and have been almost 300 miles. So all good now.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72