tires cupping

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

D

dronedog

i have about 17000 miles on my truck. i noticed this weekend that the front tires look like they are starting to cup on the insides.
now years gone by, we would assume that the shocks were going bad or they were the wrong ones for the car. but with this air suspension i am not sure how all that plays out. is this a normal progression for these type of suspensions? or is it just mine? it needs to go in for service in a few thousand miles so i think i'll wait and bring it up then. i was just wondering if anyone else has had this or if anyone knows of a service bulletin that has been put out?
the dog

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine were cupping at about 7500 miles, I rotated them, now they are not cupped but nearly bald on the insides (10000 mies). The rear tires are worse than the fronts, but they are all bad. I'm assuming it's out of alignment. I'm going to talk to the dealer tomorrow about it. I'll let you know.

D

dronedog

if you run your hand over the inside edge or even the outside, depending on the tire, you can feel it. it is an irregular tire wear. like someone took scoops out of it.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Talked to the dealer, they won't warranty any alignment issues past 3000 miles.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Jackmac
I'm gonna just get her aligned at a local shop, easier to spend $70 and be done with it. 12 years of driving Rovers and this is the first alignment issue ever. Good ol' solid axles...sigh

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635