Trick to removing plastic intake plenum?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I recently was trying to just get to where I could see the belts enough to see if markings were still visible. I was trying to get the plastic intake plenum off, but couldn't. The pipe running down the driver's side of the engine seems to be attached, but I can't easily see how.

What, if anything, is the trick to this?

Michael Gain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Feel for the grooved areas in the connector. Squeeze and it will unsnap.

Barring that, a flathead with gentle pressure, underneath the non-grooved area, works as well.

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, @Michael Gain ! It wasn't even clear to me that there was a connector there.

So I did get it off, but no markings at all that I can see on the supercharger belt. And THEN...

I see what's in the image here. There's a coolant Y sitting right next to the throttle body, and I guess it must be plugged because coolant isn't coming out. But why the heck would this be here?

IMG_1005.jpg

greiswig

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL. Yeah, I think I'm going to have to get used to some things! Thank you.

16FujiDisco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed mine had the same barb that wasn't being used when I had everything off the other day. The other part of the "Y" connects under the throttle body.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99