Uneven Tire Wear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J

JJABKW

I recently discovered that the inside edges of both rear tires on my 05 SE7 are nearly bald. (12.5k miles) It appears that the camber is out of adjustment.
I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem and what the service department response was.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

pbrover

I had the inside edges of all four tires show excessive signs of wear. I brought this up as a camber issue to my dealer and they didnt not even know the rear camber could be adjusted. The decided not to see what I saw and said it was probably due to improperly inflated tires. Knowning I was not ready to do battle, they suggested that you bring back my LR3 before 10,000 miles and state that the alignment must be off because it was pulling. So before I took it in I pulled all the comments from here and edmunds.com about uneven tire wear. On edmunds I was also told their was not an official TSB concenring this issue. So on the second visit I provide all the comments from this forum and edmunds and they could see that with another 2,000 miles on the car that their was excessive wear showing up. Bottom Line, they checked and found all four tires were out of alignment and they would replace all four tires if I paid $300 for installation and for the pro-rata use of the tires. I agreed! I could have fought this but decide not too.

roverman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's better than my dealer, who said it was normal and LR3's are adjusted like that. And that the HP's were crappy. Oh..and my tires probably weren't inflated right. I've been rotating them every couple of thousand and it seems to help.

J

jackmac

Known issue and has been reported by a number of owners. Tire rotations every 6000 miles (per tire manufacturer recommendation, not Land Rover) along with occasional alignments (I've done 2 already) keeps the treads OK. Currently have 17K miles and about 40% tread remaining and no uneven tire wear at this time.

My original rear tires were replaced at 6K miles by Goodyear due to chop under the Goodyear tire warrantee coverage. Lesson learned, and now I proactively rotate and check alignments.

davez26

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little Bird told me...

The HP's are crappy. But they don't change the alignment. Get your alignment checked. There are more than a few cars with poor factory alignments.

D

DonA

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TeriM