Valentine 1 Mounting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

A

alanmeyer

I know that the V1 has been discussed before on the LR3, especially with regards to the wiring. However, I'm wondering if anyone has purchased/created any custom mounting for the V1. I ask this because I find the V1 suction cup mount unreliable. Ideally, I'd like to have a mount that connects the LR3 rear-view mirror mount to the V1.

Thoughts (pix) anyone?

Cheers,
-Alan

JohnKel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
alanmeyer said:
I know that the V1 has been discussed before on the LR3, especially with regards to the wiring. However, I'm wondering if anyone has purchased/created any custom mounting for the V1. I ask this because I find the V1 suction cup mount unreliable. Ideally, I'd like to have a mount that connects the LR3 rear-view mirror mount to the V1.

Thoughts (pix) anyone?

Cheers,
-Alan
Alan.... I'm not sure what you mean by unreliable, I've used mine on two vehicles so far( GMC Yukon and LR3) and never had a problem...... on occasion it has come loose (very rare) but thats it.

Cheers
John

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. In 8 years of ownership, it's fallen off maybe 10 times... mostly due to me doing a poor job sticking on the suction cups.

grommet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An overpriced and bulky radar detector, which was really quite cutting edge when initally introduced. http://www.valentine1.com Still a fan and owner, but there are real competitors now.

A

alanmeyer

grommet said:
Same here. In 8 years of ownership, it's fallen off maybe 10 times... mostly due to me doing a poor job sticking on the suction cups.
The suction cups don't work for me. My experience is that they lose suction (i.e. fail to suck properly) usually as a result of outside temperature changes, as it causes inside temperature/humidity changes. The suction cups just aren't reliable.

The visor mount is superior in that regard, but then make the visor unusable.

I believe that other users have found the same issue. In my continued search for alternative mounting solutions, I found the following site (http://tinyurl.com/h5str) but no indication if there's compatibility with the LR3.

S

schafari

I spent countless hours attempting to solve the radar detector mounting problem. I am very resourceful and I could not come up with one. I ditched mine, and bought a Bel Pro Plus 75 remote/custom install detector. There is no good solid solution for a normal dash radar detector in the LR3. The remote ones are beautiful in that they perform awesome and look awesome. Down side is cost. After completing the project with both front and read laser sensors and radar sensor, I am 100% happy and glad that I did it.

A

alanmeyer

schafari said:
I spent countless hours attempting to solve the radar detector mounting problem. I am very resourceful and I could not come up with one.
I've seen a few instances of home-depot-fabricated mounting schemes. I'm headed in that direction as well. That is, if I can't find a reasonably-priced solution that works for the LR3.

I have found a fairly reasonable solution that could very well work for the LR3. It's designed for the C6, but may work nevertheless. I emailed the maker, and he advised that it was only guaranteed to work on the C6, but that others reported successful installs on other vehicles.

v1c6mirrormount.jpg

v1c6mirrormount-frontview.jpg

v1c6mirrormount-sideview.jpg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112