Vibration under my BUTT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeffry Johnson

Reaction score
I have vibration under my driver seat on my 2011 LR4 HSE pretty sure it's the front drive shaft can I drive without a front drive shaft on this vehicle?

ktm525

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe what others were telling you that with an open center diff and no front driveshaft that power would be directed there leaving the rear not moving. If the center diff is locked it will send 50% of power to rear regardless. Or will traction control say otherwise?

Jeffry Johnson

Reaction score
Thanks guys for that just one more question in the process of taking off front drive shaft. What size would that spline bolt be on the front drive shaft?

scott schmerge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe what others were telling you that with an open center diff and no front driveshaft that power would be directed there leaving the rear not moving. If the center diff is locked it will send 50% of power to rear regardless. Or will traction control say otherwise?

My experience is without the front 1/2 shaft not engaged in the front diff, no vehicle movement. Ask me how I know ;-). I did not try 4 wheel drive low but if the center diff is locked, it would certainly make sense that 50% would go to rear. I didn’t think to try to lock the center diff either. Rookie mistake. Had it towed

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72