Wet Floorboards

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lemontin

Reaction score
While cleaning out the inside of my '92 RR, I noticed that under both driver and passenger side carpet, that it was quite wet.

There is no rust or holes, just very wet. It does not get thru to the carpet because of the rubber lining or whatever it's called. This leaves me with 2 Q's

1. How did this get wet? Is this left over from our very heavy Michigan winter?

2. How do I dry it? the only thing I could think of was to remove the carpet and try to get a fan in there.

Thanks,,

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have been using your A/C, then the A/C drains may be clogged causing your issue.

Lemontin

Reaction score
No A/C.. Here in the Mitten State we're in that limbo season.. no heat, no air, sometimes have the wndows open.

Someone I was talking last nigth right after I posted this Q said they have this stuff that will absorb it. You open a can and let it set overnight... I'm trying that tomorrow. Guess it can't hurt. I'll keep an eye on it if it dries it up and see if it returns.

As for A/C, it is not working. hopefully it' just in need of a recharge.

jwb1266

Reaction score
I just bought a 92 and after reading your thread checked my floorboards and they are soaking wet. Dont know where the water has come from. Where are the air conditioner drains? The A/C doesn't blow cold so I dont think previous owner had it on. Any help would be greatly appreciated

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
A/C drains (one on each side) of the transmission crawl under your vehicle at the front portion of the drivers door, look up and you should see two very black hoses, they have ******* at the ends that is designed to keep things from getting it... unfortunately oil and road grim clog them over the years.

Don't look when you start to clean them or you will get an eye full of nasty water.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
heather8635