Windshield Washer Reservoir

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Donjames911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Latest dinky prob with my '97 Disco. W/W reservoir has a hose leak, prolly at the back near the pump. Followed the manual for removal of the tank, Removed the two bolts at the top,and one from the wheel well. The last nut in the wheel well just spins.

Looking at the diagrams, it is a simple slotted machine screw and nut (Lousy design, the screw should have had a star/lock washer installed to prevent the screw from spinning). Unfortunately, access to the slot on the machine is blocked by the reservoir.

Any advice other than drilling the SOB'n bolt out? :argh:

joey

Custom Rover Accessories
Staff member
Reaction score
Use a dremil (spelling) tool and cut it off.

Donjames911

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Joey. The beauty of the forums is that it makes you think about what you post. Realized drilling wouldn't work any better than a wrench, and had already decided to grind it off with my air tools. But you reminded me that I also have a Dremel tool, less likely to damage the wheel well using that. Thanks, bud. :biggrin:

Don

wolf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I used the Sears dremel-type tool attachment to my air system (a lot handier than a big old cut-off tool) and thats what got mine free from the fender well.

a small right-angle air grinder would do too

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vintage99