Won't go into park??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJBART

Reaction score
I may have thrown her in to park a bit rough...not sure, I have to put it in N and set the brake to park. Any ideas??? Is there a way I can check this out myself without involving a shop. I'm no mechanic thats for sure but willing to give it a shot with some quick tip ideas. Thank you in advance for any input. -Dan

alzerom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Linkage problem. The gear shift lever is not properly adjusted with all the little levers. Crawl under the car and look at the levers between the gear shift and transmission. check for looks nuts and bolt on the linkage.

land230

Reaction score
not going into park

belive it or not i have seen coins stuck under the shifter do you keep a lot of change there .I would check that first just pull up on the shifter knob and dont hit your self in the face it takes a little force .after that take the bezel around the shifter up it just pulls up check around the area for loose change or something stuck there it will be in the lower front so put it in low to check or 1 .hope this helps .

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflint2112