Valeo wiper blades let me down ,,,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So far so good. There was an annoying "Slap!" heard from the driver's side this morning when the wiper reached the end of the run on the side of the windshield, but it quickly went away, perhaps the rubber needed to settle on the glass a few times. Other than that, they are doing their job quietly and streak free - but they are new, so they better! The rear blade is working great as well.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just to complete this thread, the rear 16" wiper blade uses the same J-hook as the front ones, it's just a bit trickier to open up the hook and release the old blade due to the limited clearance and access inside the covered wiper arm on the rear window.

Umberto, when I ordered the MityVac and assorted shop gear for my oil change this weekend, I threw in a Valeo 600-16 replacement blade for my rear wiper. I will also install that tomorrow.

I see it comes with 3 adapter clips. Does our J-hook require the V-shaped clip or will it just attach directly to the metal spindle on the frame of the blade? I guess it'll be pretty evident tomorrow when I take it off.

Thanks,
Chris

PS: I will be the latest in a long line of LR4 drivers to toast you (and your video) with a cold one after my 1st DIY oil change...

umbertob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm... Trying to remember how I did it, but I am pretty sure the right adapter is already mounted on the 16" blade out of the box, so just plug and play.

cperez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cool. 2 of the 3 adapters were loose in the packaging. The V-clip adapter was very loosely on the spindle but in such a way that it looked like it could have randomly jostled its way on there during transit (or jostled itself nearly off, I suppose).

Bhos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Peter, how did you get the Trico to fit in the rear wiper housing? I got the Trico Force blades and their housing is too wide to fit in the LR's rear wiper housing.

Update: Lots of rain, some sleet and snow here in the Northeast. The Trico blades (front and rear) have performed as I hoped, as good as the Valeo All Season (both run silent, no streaking). Because of the metal casing - you hear the click as they engage the arm and lock into place - I recommend them over the Valeo.

PeterA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Peter, how did you get the Trico to fit in the rear wiper housing? I got the Trico Force blades and their housing is too wide to fit in the LR's rear wiper housing.

Wish I could offer some advice. For me it took about 10 seconds culminating with the "click" noise as the wiper locked into the arm. (I do have the Chill blades, perhaps they are different .... )

Bhos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, all the difference in the world. The chill blades are thinner. Thanks!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72