tail gate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lisalisa

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Just got my LR4 yesterday. What weight can the tail gate bear? Can I hop in by putting my knee on it?? :hello:

jlach993

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think i remember reading somewhere that it can support 250lbs, but i could be mistaken. I sit on it along with other family members countless times and it supports all of our weight. I'd say for myself, sister, and father that's a combined weight of almost 400 pounds

jaguardoc504

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I regularly use it at kids sporting events, tailgating, and camping. Myself, kids, and wife sit on it.
I'm 6'2" 250... my kids not so big ;)

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started another thread with no responses but maybe here...

When we sit on the tailgate, the rear of the car lowers and stays down. When started, it raises and levels. Is this normal? Other air suspensions I have had, the rear stays up.

pabs406

Reaction score
My rear suspension seems to always drop a small tad when parked after a drive. It takes a few seconds right after the transmission is put in PARK. Hayseed - yours only drops when you sit in the bed?

toddjb122

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I started another thread with no responses but maybe here...

When we sit on the tailgate, the rear of the car lowers and stays down. When started, it raises and levels. Is this normal? Other air suspensions I have had, the rear stays up.

That's odd as I didn't think the air suspension did any adjustments while doors were open (tailgate being a door).

In any case, with the engine off, with weight in the back it should lower the front to level things out. Then when the rear weight it removed, the rear will rise naturally since the burden is gone, and the truck will then drop pressure in the rear shocks to bring it level with the already lowered front.

$02

Hayseed_LR4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer just told me that it is normal. They said with the tailgate open and weight put on the rear, it will drop to allow easier loading. It will not raise until the vehicle is started. The front just stays up the whole time. Again, that is per the dealer.

Surfrider77

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer just told me that it is normal. They said with the tailgate open and weight put on the rear, it will drop to allow easier loading. It will not raise until the vehicle is started. The front just stays up the whole time. Again, that is per the dealer.

Dunno. My truck dips like normal compression when you sit or place heavy things on the tailgate, but once you stand up it uncompresses. There is no air being let out of the EAS.

If you want the truck lower for easier loading, I need to lower the EAS with the switch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washburn72